Event: ASEAN Energy Business Forum (AEBF) 2017
Theme: One ASEAN Community Through Resilient and Sustainable Energy
Date: 27-29 September 2017
Venue: SMX Convention Center Manila, Philippines
Marking the 50th year of the founding of ASEAN, the Philippine Department of Energy (DOE) is hosting the 35th ASEAN Ministers of Energy Meeting (AMEM) in Manila on September 27-29, 2017 at the SMX Convention Center. In parallel, with the DOE as Official Host, the ASEAN Center for Energy (ACE) and Leverage International are organizing the ASEAN Energy Business Forum (AEBF), incorporated with Powertrends international exhibition.
AEBF-Powertrends 2017 will consist of the following:
- A Joint Official Opening of the 35th AMEM, the AEBF, associated meetings with ASEAN’s Dialogue Partners and the Powertrends international exhibition;
- A closed-door Ministers-CEOs Dialogue between the 10 ASEAN Ministers of Energy and CEOs of no more than 12 active energy companies in the Region, for strategic discussions on meeting the energy demands of ASEAN’s fast growing economies;
- The Powertrends international exhibition on directions for energy, power and electricity which has been a regular event supported by the Philippine Department of Energy since 1995. It is the longest running and longest energy event in the Philippines;
- A conference which will include focused discussions on Regional Issues, NatGas/LNG, Role of Coal, Renewable Energy, Digital Energy, and Nuclear Energy. Business opportunities in each of the ASEAN nation will be presented;
- Meetings with our Dialogue Partners;
- A Gala Dinner/Awards Night for ASEAN awardees for outstanding contributions to energy development, each awardee to be presented a trophy by an ASEAN Minister of Energy;
- B to B sessions on energy projects for development;
- Technical presentations by international agencies and companies;
- A networking cocktail for ASEAN government officials, Powertrends exhibitors/sponsors, AEBF delegates and invited guests.
This event is of such significance, with ASEAN forecast to become the 4th biggest economy in the world next to the US, EU and China by 2030. In the Philippines alone, some 43,000 MW from 2016 to 2040 are needed to support infrastructure projects, according to DOE Secretary Cusi.
The AEBF is the only business forum where the Ministries of Energy from the 10 ASEAN Member States join the discussions. Be part of this historic event on this golden anniversary year of ASEAN:
Be a Sponsor, Exhibitor and/or Delegate
Contact the organizers through its Secretariat soonest:
Leverage International (Consultants) Inc.
Attention: Mila Sapaden / Beth Cruz
8/F Legaspi Suites,178 Salcedo Street
Legaspi Village, Makati City 1229, Philippines
Tel. (632) 818-6828; 810-1389
Fax (632) 810-1594
The ASEAN Energy Business Forum (AEBF) in Manila, this September is the only business forum where the Ministries of Energy from the 10 ASEAN Member States join the discussions. Be a Sponsor, Exhibitor and/or Delegate at this not-to-be-missed event on this golden anniversary year of ASEAN!
On September 27-29, 2017, Powertrends 2017 incorporated with Energy Expo 2017 and Electech/Lightech 2017 provides a platform for close interaction among energy players and government authorities in ASEAN.