- To understand the key concepts and characteristics of strategic environmental assessment
- To identify the steps involved in the preparation and commissioning of an SEA, including the links to the overall strategic planning process
- To understand the stages in the implementation of an SEA
- To identify the steps in and criteria for the review of an SEA
- To understand the evolution of SEAs in PDPs in Vietnam.
- What is an SEA?
- Review of the origins of and key concepts behind SEA
- Identification of the characteristics of an effective SEA, based on international good practice and experiences
- Why an SEA?
- Policy and regulatory background in Vietnam
- Links to good practice in strategic planning
- Preparing and Commissioning an SEA
- Role of the Commissioning Agency
- Role of the Executing Agency
- Role of the Review Agency
- Stages in the Execution of an SEA
- Scoping and initial consultations
- Baseline preparation and data identification/acquisition
- Scenarios and alternatives
- Impact assessment
- Weighting and trade-off analysis
- Reviewing an SEA as part of a PDP: A Manual
- Preparing and Commissioning and SEA
- Concepts and Principles for the Review of and SEA
- Reviewing an SEA as part of a PDP (critera)
- Vietnam’s Experiences in SEAs as part of PDPs
- SEA of Hydropower in PDP 6
- SEA of PDP 7
- SEA of Revised PDP 7
Supporting Documents: Download
Bibliographical References: Download
Submit a question
The 29th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition will take place in Marseille and online as a digital event from 26th to 29th April 2021
Enlit is the new brand for the worldwide series of POWERGEN and Utility Week events: Join us at Enlit, on 28-30 September 2021 at ICE, BSD City, Jakarta, Indonesia !
Join us at the Free One-hour Webinar on 18 February!