- To understand the key concepts and characteristics of strategic environmental assessment
- To identify the steps involved in the preparation and commissioning of an SEA, including the links to the overall strategic planning process
- To understand the stages in the implementation of an SEA
- To identify the steps in and criteria for the review of an SEA
- To understand the evolution of SEAs in PDPs in Vietnam.
- What is an SEA?
- Review of the origins of and key concepts behind SEA
- Identification of the characteristics of an effective SEA, based on international good practice and experiences
- Why an SEA?
- Policy and regulatory background in Vietnam
- Links to good practice in strategic planning
- Preparing and Commissioning an SEA
- Role of the Commissioning Agency
- Role of the Executing Agency
- Role of the Review Agency
- Stages in the Execution of an SEA
- Scoping and initial consultations
- Baseline preparation and data identification/acquisition
- Scenarios and alternatives
- Impact assessment
- Weighting and trade-off analysis
- Reviewing an SEA as part of a PDP: A Manual
- Preparing and Commissioning and SEA
- Concepts and Principles for the Review of and SEA
- Reviewing an SEA as part of a PDP (critera)
- Vietnam’s Experiences in SEAs as part of PDPs
- SEA of Hydropower in PDP 6
- SEA of PDP 7
- SEA of Revised PDP 7
Supporting Documents: Download
Bibliographical References: Download
Submit a question
Join us at Asia’s leading clean and renewable event: Asia Clean Energy Summit Exhibition & Conference 2021 will be held on 26-28 October 2021 as an hybrid event.
The 2021 edition of Future Energy Asia Exhibition & Summit will take place online from 25 to 27 August 2021. We look forward to welcoming you live this August.
Enlit is the new brand for the worldwide series of POWERGEN and Utility Week events: Join us at Enlit, on 28-30 September 2021 at ICE, BSD City, Jakarta, Indonesia !