- To understand the key concepts and characteristics of strategic environmental assessment
- To identify the steps involved in the preparation and commissioning of an SEA, including the links to the overall strategic planning process
- To understand the stages in the implementation of an SEA
- To identify the steps in and criteria for the review of an SEA
- To understand the evolution of SEAs in PDPs in Vietnam.
- What is an SEA?
- Review of the origins of and key concepts behind SEA
- Identification of the characteristics of an effective SEA, based on international good practice and experiences
- Why an SEA?
- Policy and regulatory background in Vietnam
- Links to good practice in strategic planning
- Preparing and Commissioning an SEA
- Role of the Commissioning Agency
- Role of the Executing Agency
- Role of the Review Agency
- Stages in the Execution of an SEA
- Scoping and initial consultations
- Baseline preparation and data identification/acquisition
- Scenarios and alternatives
- Impact assessment
- Weighting and trade-off analysis
- Reviewing an SEA as part of a PDP: A Manual
- Preparing and Commissioning and SEA
- Concepts and Principles for the Review of and SEA
- Reviewing an SEA as part of a PDP (critera)
- Vietnam’s Experiences in SEAs as part of PDPs
- SEA of Hydropower in PDP 6
- SEA of PDP 7
- SEA of Revised PDP 7
Supporting Documents: Download
Bibliographical References: Download
Submit a question
The 29th European Biomass Conference and Exhibition will take place in Marseille and online as a digital event from 26th to 29th April 2021
The Ministry of Energy of Thailand is pleased to congratulate and support the “Future Energy Asia Exhibition and Summit 2021” which will be taking place during 30 June – 2 July 2021 in Bangkok and online platform.
Enlit is the new brand for the worldwide series of POWERGEN and Utility Week events: Join us at Enlit, on 28-30 September 2021 at ICE, BSD City, Jakarta, Indonesia !