- To understand the key concepts and characteristics of strategic environmental assessment
- To identify the steps involved in the preparation and commissioning of an SEA, including the links to the overall strategic planning process
- To understand the stages in the implementation of an SEA
- To identify the steps in and criteria for the review of an SEA
- To understand the evolution of SEAs in PDPs in Vietnam.
- What is an SEA?
- Review of the origins of and key concepts behind SEA
- Identification of the characteristics of an effective SEA, based on international good practice and experiences
- Why an SEA?
- Policy and regulatory background in Vietnam
- Links to good practice in strategic planning
- Preparing and Commissioning an SEA
- Role of the Commissioning Agency
- Role of the Executing Agency
- Role of the Review Agency
- Stages in the Execution of an SEA
- Scoping and initial consultations
- Baseline preparation and data identification/acquisition
- Scenarios and alternatives
- Impact assessment
- Weighting and trade-off analysis
- Reviewing an SEA as part of a PDP: A Manual
- Preparing and Commissioning and SEA
- Concepts and Principles for the Review of and SEA
- Reviewing an SEA as part of a PDP (critera)
- Vietnam’s Experiences in SEAs as part of PDPs
- SEA of Hydropower in PDP 6
- SEA of PDP 7
- SEA of Revised PDP 7
Supporting Documents: Download
Bibliographical References: Download
Submit a question
Enlit Asia (formerly POWERGEN Asia – Asian Utility Week) is back in Bangkok this September!
Event: Future Energy Asia Exhibition and Summit 2022Theme: Asia’s leading energy transition and transformation exhibition and summitDate: 20-22 July 2022,
Enlit is the new brand for the worldwide series of POWERGEN and Utility Week events: Join us at Enlit Asia on 20-22 September 2022 at BITEC, Thailand!
Do not miss “PV Guangzhou 2022” on August 10th-12th: mark its date and register for your free digital ticket now.